Front Page News

Go to all candidate's meetings? Probably not, eh? They used to get broadcast on local cable stations. Now, if we are interested, they get streamed for us. Recorded and then streamed where I am at.

I have front page news for the 99.9% of you who do not attend all candidate's meetings. Politics is way fucking better in person than on a screen.

At the all candidate's meeting I attended I witnessed, in person, just how much my candidate has grown as an individual in the 3 months since I was first introduced to her. Personal initiative, an opportunity and a little training is still the most potent potion of them all. I think a lot of other people in the room (and maybe even leaning into their phone watching later) were thinking the same thing. 

All I ask of each campaign I have joined is a positive experience or two. That was a good one with a little better than a week to go until we find out who is boss in 2024 so there's still time for more.

And I will tell you something else: both my local candidate's meeting and the provincial one were civil affairs. Maybe my city, my province and my country are not near as fucked as some people would lead you to believe.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzpS7KKCoEk&list=PLWfGw2maX1M40fIqO04w_jy2aWOYfQzv1&index=2

Comments