Do the Earthquake

Dang earthquakes. Thursday morning's 4:05 AM shake woke me up. It seemed as if a cat had sneaked into the house and jumped on the bed. It was not until several hours afterward I learned it had been an earthquake. 

I have felt a quite a few earthquakes in my life. Most of them being just barely notable like Thursday's. Others, such as Seattle's big one many years ago and Mt. St. Helen's eruption, were most notable. The Seattle one happened while I was at work. The office staff, their cubicle world threatening to cave in on them, felt it the most. Workers on the shop floor barely noticed it. When Mt. St. Helen's blew up I thought Seattle must have been nuked.

I have but one hope as I enter the last furlong of my one mile horse race of a life: no big earthquake until I am gone please. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy7CO02c7HE

Comments