Newspaperman

Know what I miss? My local newspaper. Not that my local newspaper is certifiably dead. It's skeletal however and it stinks.

Paul St. Pierre used to have a column in the local newspaper's glory days. He was a western treasure and could out-write most anybody.

Doug Collins too. A harbinger of the weirdness out there nowadays.

Jim Taylor even had a sports column in what was once a thrice weekly delivered newspaper if I remember correctly.

Crime news, local sports and general boosterism is about all the flesh that is left hanging off the skeleton's bones. I have long been attracted to journalism and still really like it when I come upon a bit of it that has a bit of sparkle to it. I do not think newspapers are going to come back like records have done. I did well not to make a career being a newspaperman.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aUf2AE9CJQ

Comments