Listening To As Many Records As I Can Before I Die

My plan all along, if I lived to see a pension, was to listen to my records lots. I am liking it every bit as much as I thought I would. It was more fun listening to music when I was younger of course. All my friends were still alive when I was young including the two boys I loved listening to records with the most and my late partner Cheryl who loved records too but thought maybe I listened to too much Lou Reed.

Spinning presently is Neil Young's 'Take a Chance on Love'. I love the song so much I got up off the black leather love seat that faces my best stereo and danced, briefly, like I did when, years ago, Goldie Hawn came to town. 

Earlier I was listening to Hendrix play 'Red House'. I was still outgrowing clothes that would be handed down to my brother when Jimi died shortly after sitting in with Eric Burdon and War for about half an hour in London a mere 7 years before I too got to living too fast on the streets in the very same city.

In between those two long songs I listened to Marianne Faithfull sing 'Monday, Monday'. Another old favourite of mine.

Earlier I was listening to The Lunachicks. Still have to squeeze some proper punk rock in.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o33G_1SWUeQ

Comments