Translate

Wednesday, May 15, 2024

Dancing With Myself

In the supermarket today I walked by a young woman who was dancing to Generation X's 'Dancing With Myself' being played on the supermarket juke box. Old punk rock me thought it pretty damn cute. I did not say anything because I did not want to wreck her fun but as she was at the nearest check out to me as I too was checking out I could not help but mention I saw her dancing to the song.

"It was like half way through the song when I noticed I was dancing and I thought I better cut it out," she said before adding, "They don't write songs like that any more."

"Seems that way but if you look real hard you'll find bands are still creating great songs," I corrected her before adding, "I saw the band in '77. Idol was dressed head to toe in black leather."

She was all smiles and I thought she was going to faint.

Positive casual contacts like that I have come to appreciate more than ever in the wake of our still simmering pandemic.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1NrQYXjLU 

 

1 comment:

  1. it's great to interact with people like that. i would have assured her that dancing to a song is one of life's little pleasures that should be enjoyed and never to be ashamed of.
    if others don't like it......fuck 'em

    ReplyDelete

Icing

Camp much? I am older than your grandmother's tits and I am still at it. Camped every year of my life too as I was taken on my first cam...