Translate

Monday, April 15, 2024

Long Live Jimi!

My late mate Jimi asked me to record the music for his upcoming service. On cassettes. I was glad he asked and happy to do it. He made it clear he wants to be remembered as a beer drinking, Hell raising young man. His specific requests included Ramones, Motorhead and Girlschool's  St. Valentine's Day Massacre, Tom Robinson, Iggy, Ted Nugent, DOA, Johnny Thunders and a couple songs off Macca's Ram album. Jimi saw all those bands except for the fucking Beatle.


When recording music for events, something I have been pleased to do often in my life, I know but one way to do it. I stay up late taking drugs and drinking. Like Janis Joplin. Like Jimi Hendrix. Like the 7 people who overdose and die on dirt cheap Chinese rock every day in my province.


So yesterday and today I gave the cassettes a playback because when you stay up late doing drugs and drinking you are likely to make mistakes. Sure enough I did. An 8 minute blank spot at the end of the first cassette's side B. Filled it with a few Black Flag songs and the (Canadian) Subhuman's Let's Go Down to Hollywood (and Shoot People).


Long live Jimi! Long live rock 'n' roll! Long live pussy power!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjUQFuUX2Qw


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Good Day to be Canadian that Could be so Much Better

To celebrate the Canadian men's vanquishing of Venezuela in the quarter finals of COPA 2024 allow me to take you back to Canada Day. The...