Fast Car

 https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2024/02/the-living-great-american-songbook


I listened to Chapman's and Comb's 'Fast Car' duet before I headed off to work this morning. There was a time I'd've watched the performance live from the Grammys but I have not watched that award show since the last time Lou Reed performed.

I am super happy Comb covered Chapman's signature song but listening to it all over again made me sad all day today. See, my late partner Cheryl and I saw Chapman when she supported Bob Dylan at the Pacific Coliseum in the late '80s. It was a magic night. A night Chapman blew away everyone in attendance with nothing but her voice and an acoustic guitar and Dylan infuriated fucking near everyone but me with murderous heavy metal renditions of his catalogue.


Long live Tracy Chapman! Long live Luke Combs! Long live Bob Dylan! Long live rock 'n' roll!



Comments